JTFN launched “Stepping Up” in 2012 to create new teen foundations across Long Island, NY. The program focuses on pressing local needs in Long Island, using resources from the Rauch Foundation's Long Island Index on education, health, housing, hunger, and jobs.
JTFN provides each new foundation with curriculum materials, intensive training for group leaders, ongoing coaching, and funding to seed the grantmaking pool. Teen participants engage in an intensive grantmaking process - meeting with representatives of local organizations, conducting site visits, reviewing grant proposals, and working as a team to decide which organizations to support.
In 2013-2014, JTFN partnered with the following Long Island institutions to run Jewish teen foundations:
- Community Synagogue, Port Washington
- Hewlett-East Rockaway Jewish Centre, East Rockaway
- North Shore Hebrew Academy High School, Great Neck
- Old Westbury Hebrew Congregation and Sid Jacobson JCC
- Jewish Community Center, Old Westbury
- Temple Beth El of Great Neck , Great Neck
- Temple Beth Israel, Port Washington
- Temple Beth Sholom, Roslyn
- Temple Beth Torah, Melville
- Temple Israel of Great Neck, Great Neck