This resouce was developed by the Jewish Teen Foundation of the Jewish Community Foundation of San Diego and San Diego NCSY. This booklet can be modified to create a "shark tank" model of reviewing non-profits and connecting their missions to Jewish values. This model, where participants serve as Advocacy Officers or Grant Officers, works through six phases:
- Phase 1: Values That Drive Philanthropy
- Phase 2: Philanthropy Shark Tank
- Phase 3: Values Connections
- Phase 4: Organization Fair
- Phase 5: Organization Selection & Pitch
- Phase 6: The Vote
There are versions available for "Advocacy Officers" and "Grant Officers." When using this template, please credit the Jewish Community Foundation of San Diego and San Diego NCSY.