The Jewish Teen Funders Network (JTFN) is the leading network supporting and inspiring Jewish teen philanthropy programs across North America and internationally. JTFN's role is to strengthen Jewish engagement and identity through supporting and elevating the field of Jewish teen philanthropy, by setting field standards, providing training and resources to professionals, mainstreaming philanthropy into the Jewish teen experience, and serving as a lead catalyst for new programs.
JTFN is a project of the Jewish Funders Network (JFN), an international organization dedicated to advancing the quality and growth of Jewish philanthropy, and is based in New York City.
The Jewish Teen Funders Network seeks a highly motivated, dynamic, self-starter to join the team. The Communications Coordinator will own the external messaging of JTFN, managing outgoing communications, website and all social media. The Communications Coordinator will support the development of new resources, create new content and provide administrative and program support as needed. The Communications Coordinator will also work closely on supporting the implementation and management of a CRM database to understand and manage the network. The Communications Coordinator will serve under supervision of the Director and work closely with all members of the team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create and implement a communications strategy to publicize the work of JTFN and the programs that comprise the network, raise awareness about Jewish teen philanthropy, and expand JTFN’s reach.
- Manage, and source content for JTFN’s website, program directory, resource center, and database, including content and idea creation from the JTFN team.
- Serve as the lead for all social media channels – create JTFN voice and provide constant presence in the field.
- Develop, write, and edit emails, blog posts, and articles to raise awareness about the power of Jewish teen philanthropy.
- Plan, source and continue ongoing presence of JTFN and teen foundations on partner websites and publications.
- Support and design print materials as needed - including any JTFN content such as studies, images, infographics, JTFN summit and programs
- Work to enhance and develop the JTFN Website and branding.
- Explore creative ways to develop new online opportunities to showcase JTFN work, including new programs, JTFN Summit, in-person professional development workshops, etc.
Database management (20%):
- Maintain an up to date database of the JTFN network
- Ensure team and industry best practices are applied to the database to maintain robust and accurate information
- Help develop strategies to capture and track meaningful data and information about the field
- Work with the team to deliver reports and information as required.
- Ensure best practices used for effective database use for the JTFN and management of the network
Program support (5%):
- Provide administrative support to JTFN team for webinars, conferences and other programs as needed
- Assist on curriculum, program development and facilitation support for special projects and programs, as needed
- Answer general program questions received by phone/email
- Represent JTFN in the field
Key competencies and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience (communications or public relations experience, preferred).
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in: Microsoft Office suite and Adobe products, MailChimp, or comparable email marketing systems; Website content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress or equivalent); Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, or PHP; Social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, etc.
- Strong communication skills, including writing for a variety of media and excellent editing skills.
- Database management experience, including use of CRM systems.
- Solid organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a small, entrepreneurial team.
- Commitment to professional growth and learning.
- Enthusiasm about contributing to a relatively new and very exciting field.
- Interest in, and understanding of, the Jewish community/education, teen programming, and/or philanthropy.
This is a full time position based in New York with occasional evening/work. JTFN/JFN offers a competitive compensation and benefits program, and is commensurate with experience. JFN is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume. All candidates must also submit a writing sample up to 500 words, as well as any links or examples of online media/website work you have completed. Please submit all materials to email@example.com - please include “JTFN – Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted. All applications must be received by 9am on August 15, 2019.