The Jewish Teen Funders Network (JTFN) is the leading network supporting and inspiring Jewish teen philanthropy programs across North America and internationally. JTFN's role is to strengthen Jewish engagement and identity through supporting and elevating the field of Jewish teen philanthropy, by setting field standards, providing training and resources to professionals, mainstreaming philanthropy into the Jewish teen experience, and serving as a lead catalyst for new programs.
JTFN is a project of the Jewish Funders Network (JFN), an international organization dedicated to advancing the quality and growth of Jewish philanthropy, and is based in New York City.
Communications and Engagement Manager
The Jewish Teen Funders Network seeks a highly motivated, dynamic, self-starter to join the team. The Communications and Engagement Manager will own the external messaging of JTFN, managing outgoing communications, website and all social media. Your experience will support the development of new resources, create new content and provide administrative and program support as needed. This position will work closely with the full team on supporting new consulting opportunities in the field, together with establishing new partnerships for the organization. The position will serve under supervision of the Executive Director.
The primary focus of the role will include;
- Leading communications and marketing for the organization (including increasing visibility and recognition of new branding and new services).
- Working with the team to build new programs and support consulting opportunities across the US and abroad.
- Helping to build capacity and awareness for Jewish youth philanthropy to be a core program opportunity in the field of youth engagement.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create and implement a communications strategy to publicize the work of JTFN and the programs that comprise the network, raise awareness about Jewish youth philanthropy, and expand JTFN’s reach.
- Manage, and source content for JTFN’s website, program directory, resource center, and database, including content and idea creation from the JTFN team.
- Serve as the lead for all social media channels – create JTFN voice and provide constant presence in the field.
- Develop, write, and edit emails, blog posts, and articles to raise awareness about the power of Jewish youth philanthropy.
- Plan, source and continue ongoing presence of JTFN and Jewish youth philanthropy programs on partner websites and publications.
- Support and design print materials as needed - including any JTFN content such as studies, images, infographics, JTFN summit and programs.
- Update and monitor JTFN Website, including management of google analytics on website engagement.
- Explore creative ways to develop new online opportunities to showcase JTFN work, including new programs, JTFN Summit, in-person professional development workshops, etc.
- Strengthen JTFN brand and recognition of consulting across the field of Jewish youth engagement.
Community Engagement and Partnerships (40%):
- Expand opportunities for JTFN consulting in the field, with new partners and stakeholders
- Support the development of new consulting projects, including content creation and program design.
- Support growth of JTFN new consulting program and suite of opportunities being offered.
- Work with the full JTFN team to curate new resources and activities that can be offered as part of consulting projects.
- Complete all necessary reports related to consulting opportunities
- Help develop strategies to expand new partnerships for JTFN.
- Work with the team to deliver reports and information as required.
- Ensure best practices of Jewish youth philanthropy are applied in all new project opportunities.
Program Support (10%):
- Work with the JTFN team to build capacity for organizational growth and programming.
- Provide administrative support to JTFN team for webinars, conferences and other programs as needed.
- Assist on curriculum, program development and facilitation support for special projects and programs, as needed.
- Answer general program questions received by phone/email.
- Represent JTFN in the field.
Key Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant work experience (communications or public relations experience, or programming in Jewish nonprofits preferred).
- Strong communication skills, including writing for a variety of media and excellent editing skills.
- Strong experience in establishing new partnerships and building personable relationships with stakeholders from all sectors of the community.
- Program development experience within a collaborative team
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in: Microsoft Office suite and Adobe products, MailChimp, or comparable email marketing systems; Website content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress or equivalent); Social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, etc.
- Solid organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a small, entrepreneurial team.
- Commitment to professional growth and learning.
- Enthusiasm about contributing to a relatively new and very exciting field.
- Interest in, and understanding of, the Jewish community/education, youth programming, and/or philanthropy.
What we offer:
This is a full time position based in New York with occasional evening/ weekend work. This position is currently remote due to COVID restrictions, and will be onsite when it is safe to do so.
JTFN/JFN offers a competitive compensation and benefits program, and is commensurate with experience. The salary range for this position is $60-$70K, plus benefits.
JTFN/JFN is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. JTFN will make all employment decisions for staff and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by law.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume. All candidates must also submit a writing sample up to 500 words, as well as any links or examples of online media/website work you have completed. Please submit all materials to email@example.com - please include “JTFN – Communications and Engagement Manager” in the subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.
Application deadline: March 19, 2021