The Jewish Teen Funders Network (JTFN) is the leading network supporting and inspiring Jewish teen philanthropy programs across North America and internationally. JTFN's role is to strengthen Jewish engagement and identity through supporting and elevating the field of Jewish teen philanthropy, by setting field standards, providing training and resources to professionals, mainstreaming philanthropy into the Jewish teen experience, and serving as a lead catalyst for new programs.
JTFN is a project of the Jewish Funders Network (JFN), an international organization dedicated to advancing the quality and growth of Jewish philanthropy, and is based in New York City.
COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR - Contract Position
The Jewish Teen Funders Network seeks a highly motivated, dynamic, self-starter to join the team on a part time contract basis. JTFN is looking for someone with exceptional social media and IT skills to work with the team on a number of key programs.
The Communications Coordinator will work with the team to develop all the external messaging of JTFN, managing outgoing communications, website and all social media. The Communications Coordinator will support the development of new resources, create new content and external communication to the field. The Communications Coordinator will serve under supervision of the Director and work closely with all members of the team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create online awareness and publicize the work of JTFN and its programs, and expand JTFN’s reach.
- Create online platforms for showcasing JTFN conferences and trainings, including awareness raising for professionals to participate in these programs
- Manage, and source content for JTFN’s website, program directory, resource center, and database, including content and idea creation from the JTFN team.
- Serve as the lead for all social media channels – help create JTFN online content and provide constant presence in the field.
- Develop, write, and edit emails, blog posts, and articles to raise awareness about the power of Jewish teen philanthropy.
- Plan, source and continue ongoing presence of JTFN and teen foundations on partner websites and publications.
- Support and design print materials as needed - including any JTFN content such as studies, images, infographics, JTFN summit and programs.
- Maintain and upkeep of JTFN Website.
- Explore creative ways to develop new online opportunities to showcase JTFN work, including new programs, JTFN Summit, in-person professional development workshops, etc.
Key competencies and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience (communications or public relations experience, preferred).
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in: Microsoft Office suite and Adobe products, MailChimp, or comparable email marketing systems; Website content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress or equivalent); Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, or PHP; Social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, etc.
- Strong communication skills, including writing for a variety of media and excellent editing skills.
- Solid organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a small, entrepreneurial team.
- Enthusiasm about contributing to a relatively new and very exciting field.
- Interest in, and understanding of, the Jewish community/education, teen programming, and/or philanthropy.
This is a part time position of 10-15hours per week, based in New York. Salary offered will be on a per hour basis and is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume outlining experience in online content creation and social media. Please include any links or examples of online media/website work you have completed. Please submit all materials to email@example.com - please include “JTFN – Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted